Since our bodies perceive plant-based remedies as food, contraindications or interactions with foods, pharmaceutical drugs, or other substances are rare. Herbs are gentle and, when used properly, typically free of side effects.
Generally, self-treating with herbs is quite safe for minor ailments. However, for more serious conditions it’s important to work with Julie one-on-one in a clinical setting, either in person or via telephone, or a qualified natural health practitioner of your choice.
Do not self treat when:
- The symptoms worsen or persist for more than a few days.
- You’re suffering acute or continual pain.
- You relapse once the treatment is stopped.
- Fever is high and continues for more than 3 days.
- You have a chronic disease, or are on large numbers of pharmaceutical drugs. (more)